What is your favourite dance? Which song do you like the most?
Click on the link for today’s maths challenge.
What problem solving strategies did you use?
Your task for homework this week to to draw a picture related to the reading of Out of my Mind so far.
It must be in colour and a full page of your homework book.
You can draw a picture of:
• Something that’s discussed in the book
• Something that the reading reminds you of
• An idea or feeling you had from the reading
You must include an annotation. (Explanation of your illustration, where it came from and what it means to you.)
It’s time for…
We are very excited here in Grade 5 @ Apollo because we have started our new integrated unit ‘Communication’ and this involves our students receiving their very own school blog. This has only begun today so it is very new but feel free to check out our blog using the links on our widget bar.
What have you been looking forward to about having your own blog?
What are some important things we will need to remember whilst we are blogging?
What was your highlight of Monty’s production of Oliver?
This week we are going to be writing some procedures. Here are some ideas to get you started…
- How to housebreak your dog
- How to pitch a tent in the rain
- How to make the perfect brownies
- How to bathe a cat
- How to make a sandwich
- How to make the perfect cup of tea
- How to build a great sandcastle
- How to insert a contact lens
- How an iPad works
- How ice cream is made
- How a magician saws a woman in half
- How a pocket calculator works