GST – the tax even kids have to pay!

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s4117206.htm

Today, we will be talking about TAX! We will watch the BtN video above and learn about what the Goods and Services Tax is and what % GST adds to our everyday items.

What do you think about the GST?

What do you think about  the government raising the GST?

What are taxes used for?
Name three products that you don’t pay GST on.
Which products do you buy that have GST on them?
What is the difference between goods and services?
Why is the government thinking of making the changes?

3 thoughts on “GST – the tax even kids have to pay!

1. Dear Mrs Veal,
    Here are my answers to the Btn-GST

I think the GST is just a way for the government to earn more money for Issues or their own free will ( the free will answer is actually illegal but some politicians have undermined that law).

I think that the government rising the GST is because they need more for issues in the state and their greedy.

Taxes are used for earning money for important matters in the state that are used from goods and services.

Three products that I don’t pay GST on are, the basic food products, meat, fruit and vegetables.

The products that I buy that have GST on them are, Cookies,Chocolate and lollies.

The difference between goods and services are one is a product the other packaging

The government wanting to add more tax to the GST is in my opinion RUBBISH as it is our money.

From Edward

2. What do you think about the GST? I don’t like GST.

What do you think about the government raising the GST? I think the government is dumb to introduce GST.

What are taxes used for? For getting money from products.
    Name three products that you don’t pay GST on. Flour Eggs Sugar.
    Which products do you buy that have GST on them? Milk, bread, chocolate.
    What is the difference between goods and services?one is packaged and one is a product.
    Why is the government thinking of making the changes? Because the Government is in debt.
    Max. B

3. Dear Mrs Veal,

What do you think about the GST? I think that GST is unfair because instead of adding 10% onto the price they should do 10% of the normal price.
    What do you think about the government raising the GST? I think that it is good that they are raising money but that doesn’t mean they have to make it go up. It is unfair that the goverment wants to make it go up to 12.5%.
    What are taxes used for? The taxes that the government get is for the goods and services
    Name three products that you don’t pay GST on. You don’t pay for bread, milk, sugar, fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy and fish.
    Which products do you buy that have GST on them? Toys and everything that is not listed above.
    What is the difference between goods and services? Goods are sold from the market and services are done.
    Why is the government thinking of making the changes? The government are thinking of raising the GST so they can raise more money.

Regards Zac.