- Astronauts/ scientists need somewhere to sleep, eat, live and work
- Spacesuits to travel outside the base, and/or vehicle and robots to undertake dangerous work
- Communications with Mission Control back on Earth
What would a Mars Base suitable for humans need?
Make a diamond 4- door old and use one for for each section.
1. Air – to keep the air breathable oxygen would need to be added, and carbon dioxide filtered out
2. Water – everything would have to be recycled. Are there any resources on Mars?
3. Food – food from Earth would have to be stored for a long time, or perhaps astronauts could grow their own
4. Fuel (energy sources) – fuel would have to be brought from Earth Earth unless astronauts could use energy sources on Mars.
These internet resources will be helpful.
If you find a good website for our project, write a brief description and paste the website as a comment
PS. If you want a good labelled map of Mars – Google ‘Mars labelled map’ and look at the images
Write your five reasons with your group to go or not to go to Mars as a blog comment.
Click on the link to the Mars One website.
Below is the assessment rubric that you will need to refer to while you are completing your Mars Research Project.
Mars Weather – Min Booklet
You have started the first section of this project as part of your homework this week.
- Dust storms
- Frost and snow
Remember to write all of your references in your Tri-Fold Tab Book.
Wednesday 19th November – Today’s task is to make a vocabulary pocket.
Now the research begins…