You will need to download pages from our 5V server from a book titled, What about the human body? by Steve Parker.
Answer the following questions in sentences. Use either Pages or Keynote.
1. Your body is made up of 50%, 70% or 90% of water?
2. Where is your skin thickest?
3. How many bones make up the skeleton?
4. How many pairs of ribs do you have?
5. Which is the longest bone in your body?
6.What pulls your bones and lets you move?
7. Where are your strongest muscles?
8.What gives your body energy?
9. Which is longer: your small or large intestine?
10. Which type of blood cells carry oxygen?
11. What should you do before you eat or drink?
12. What are the five senses?
13. Do you get goose pimples when you are hot or cold?
14. What do we call an automatic response by a muscle, which does not involve thinking?
15. Which gas does your body take in when you breathe?
- Your body is made up of 70% of water.
- The soles of your feet is where your skin is thickest.
- 206 bones make up the skeleton.
- You have 12 pairs of ribs.
- The thigh bone is the longest bone in your body.
- Muscles pull your bones and let you move.
- The strongest muscles is in your jaw.
- Food gives your body energy.
- The small intestine is longer than the large intestine.
- Red blood cells carry oxygen.
- You should wash your hand before you eat or drink.
- The five senses are sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste.
- You get goose pimples when you are cold.
- The automatic response by a muscle, which does not involve thinking is a reflex.
- The gas your body takes in when you breathe is oxygen.